Saturday, February 05, 2005

overnighters

some would suggest that I'm getting too old to keep up with my students, and still do 'overnighters'. I laugh at such suggestions. That is, until I'm up at 4:00 am with students still talking, playing music, and I'm wishing I could crash, even on that nasty, stained none-to-comfortable couch in the Upper Room. But I wouldn't trade it. I love my students. Somehow, I tell myself, spending this time (when I'm not hitting these keys) with them is worth it, and is encouraging them in their faith. Seriously, it is fun hanging out with them. They don't know what to do with me. That's pretty funny. Oh well. I'm not sure I always know what to do with them, either. Soon. The quiet must come soon. Hopefully they'll get the message, too. I can't wait to get home and climb into bed... after 9:00 am. Ugh. But that's why I get paid the big bucks; eh?

No comments: