Monday, September 01, 2008

Psalm 63:1-8 (NIV)

This was the Scripture text for worship and the sermon at North Suburban E-Free Church in Deerfield, IL, where I worshipped this morning. I am indebted to the pastor for sharing this message with us. I am reminded that my heart needs to feast on the Lord; that I need to not find things to preoccupy myself. Rather, I need to spend time with the One who created me and knows me best. I need to find my satisfaction in the presence and fellowship with the Triune God who has revealed Himself in Jesus Christ. May it be so ... to God's glory.

Psalm 63:1-8

1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.

3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

4 I will praise you as long as I live,
in your name I will lift up my hands.

5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.

7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.

8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

No comments: