Saturday, September 06, 2008

Logos Bible Software

I've been in biblical and theological studies for several years now, as well as a youth pastor for many years more. I want to share with you a great resource which I use with frequency in my studies, my research, and my writing. It's Logos Bible Software. It contains an incredible amount of language resources, as well as a theological library. What's more, you have the constant ability and option to add in new resources or texts.

Case in point. Two years ago I was working on an exegetical paper focusing on Matthew 16:13-20. Imagine my delight at finding that I had the electronic version of Kittle's sitting right in my Logos software! I was able to cut and paste citations right into my paper. That same story has been repeated on more occassions than is worth noting. But Logos also contains resources for general interest reading and studying, as well as devotional material.

Right now, in an effort to further their position as a major provider of electronic biblical and theological studies resources, they are inviting you to check them out, and get something for free for your time - the Matthew/Mark volume out of their brand new electronic version of the upcoming Cornerstone Biblical Commentary from Tyndale. Just go to http://blog.logos.com/archives/2008/08/matthew_mark_cornerstone_biblical_commentary--free.html, and you can see for yourself. This is a great chance to begin a collection, or add to it, if you're already a Logos user.

In the mean time, God's blessings on your own ministry or personal studies in the Word of God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice post.

BTW, you should add RefTagger to your blog. It makes all of your Bible references come alive. It takes just a couple of minutes to set up. Find out how in this post: Adding RefTagger to a Blogger Blog.